In case you have not already noticed, recently a new revised/enhanced communications system using color indicators has been implemented to notify users of the known statuses of important production technology systems:
1) The “Systems Status” tab on the mySAU portal has been removed and a “System Status” link with a color indicator has been added to the main toolbar. This indicator is visible on the portal page whether logged into the portal or not.
2) When you click on the “System Status” indicator/link, you will be taken to a status page showing a list of production technology systems along with their current status indicator based on a color scheme also defined on the page at the top. At the present time this page refreshes automatically every minute, thus the status indicator is valid for the last minute.
3) The “Overall ITS System Status” indicator at the top of the page is the indicator included on the toolbar of the mySAU portal page. This indicator will reflect the lowest/worst status of any system included in the list. For examples, 1)should there be any single system at any status other than normal/green, then that status will be reflected by the overall status indication whether yellow, blue, or red, 2)should there be multiple systems where one is yellow and another is red, then the overall status indicator will reflect red, 3) if yellow and blue, then blue, etc.
4) In the “Notes” column of the system affected, we will include an explanation of the current issue(s).
5) Additionally an ITS Operations Calendar for planned maintenance dates and times has been provided.
6) The system status page is also available from our ITS home page and in the SAU main website “Quick Links” list.
7) This new notification system does not exclude email notifications for major issues.
As always, ITS will continue to investigate more effective ways to provide accurate and meaningful information to all users. Additionally this procedure may be modified when improvements are identified.
If you have suggestions to improve this procedure, please send them to me for consideration.
Director of Information Technology Services
Southern Arkansas University
100 East University
Magnolia, Arkansas 71753